€0.00 + VAT
Supporting up to 12G-SDI data rates with intelligent heat dissipation, and offering multiple audio output connections and an Ethernet control and PoE port, the Teranex Mini SDI to Audio 12G Converter, from Blackmagic Design, is a highly improved solution for rack-mount as well as cable duct and desktop installations.
- Advanced High-Data Rate De-Embedder
- De-Embed Audio from up to 4K SDI Signals
- Output via XLR, AES/EBU, RCA, or S/PDIF
- 12G-SDI Input and Output
- Supports up to Full 4K DCI 4096x2160p
- XLR Connections Switchable to AES/EBU
- Ethernet Port for Remote Control or PoE
- Supports Optional LCD Smart Front Panel
- Intelligent Thermal Heat Dissipation
- 3 Units 1U Rack-Mountable in 19" Rack
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
True Know-How (Ask Our Experts)
Blackmagic Design Teranex Mini Overview
Supporting up to 12G-SDI data rates with intelligent heat dissipation, and offering multiple audio output connections and an Ethernet control and PoE port, the Teranex Mini SDI to Audio 12G Converter, from Blackmagic Design, is a highly improved solution for rack-mount as well as cable duct and desktop installations. Connect any SDI signal in up to Full 4K DCI 4096x2160p resolution via a 12G-SDI input, and de-embed audio from the signal and output it via a diverse set of audio connections. Output two channels of analog audio or up to four channels of AES/EBU digital audio via full-size, professional balanced XLR ports, two channels of unbalanced analog line-level audio via RCA connectors, or optical S/PDIF audio via a TOSLINK output. Connect the audio signal to a wide range of audio equipment, such as mixers, decks, and audio monitors. There's also a 12G-SDI output for routing the original signal. Route 4096x2160p signals approximately 70 ft using 6G-SDI cables, and run lower-resolution signals, such as 3G-SDI or HD-SDI, for much longer than standard lengths. When 12G-SDI cables will be available on the market, you'll be able to run 4096x2160p signals for over 250 ft.
The compact size of the Teranex Mini makes it very useful for portable racks at live events or in broadcast trucks. Up to three units can easily be installed in an optional 1U 19" rack tray, and they can just as easily be removed, and all this with the advantage of 12G-SDI capability. The professional XLR connections are switchable between balanced analog and AES/EBU digital audio. The Ethernet port on the rear will allow you to manage the Teranex Mini remotely or can alternatively be used for power over Ethernet. If you don't want to use power over Ethernet, you won't have to deal with cumbersome power supplies, as the Teranex Mini features a built-in 90-240V power supply, and all you'll need is a standard IEC power cable, sold separately.
A major benefit of the Teranex Mini is that the standard front panel can be replaced with an optional Smart Panel that features a spin knob, color LCD, and six control buttons, including a menu button. The substantially large LCD will show you the video conversion in progress and will also let you monitor audio levels as well as verify timecode and the video standard being converted. The standard front panel simply comes off and the Smart Panel easily attaches in its place. When you're using the standard front panel, you'll have access to an array of mini switches that will let you change settings instantly in correspondence with a diagram printed on the converter. If you swap in the optional Smart Panel, you'll instead be able to use simple on-screen menus as well as see exactly what you're converting. If you're in a larger facility using numerous converters, you can manage all of them over Ethernet from a Mac or Windows computer using the included Converter Utility software.
What enables the Teranex Mini to dissipate heat so effectively and prevent overheating is a smart thermal design with crossflow cooling that achieves the optimal heat dissipation even when you have units rack-mounted side-by-side one another. An intelligent thermal subsystem and internal heat pipe assist with cooling and keep the air flowing at all times while minimizing noise. Moreover, if the Teranex Mini gets too hot, you'll instantly receive a notification through the remote control Ethernet utility and on the front panel. When multiple units are rack-mounted side by side, each Teranex Mini works together to pull air through the rack, keeping all units cool and providing redundancy for each one.
The Teranex Mini SDI to Audio 12G Converter is built using high-quality Teranex video processing technology and is ideal for all broadcast, post production, and other professional video applications.
- De-embed audio from any SDI signal that's in up to 4K DCI 4096x2160p resolution
- Route the audio via XLR, AES/EBU, RCA, or S/PDIF TOSLINK outputs
- 12G-SDI input and output
- Full-size XLR connections switchable between balanced analog and AES/EBU audio
- Ethernet remote control and PoE port
- Intelligent thermal design heat dissipation effectively prevents overheating
- Three units are rack-mountable in a 1U 19" rack using an optional rack tray
- Can be used desktop mounted or installed concealed in cable ducts
- Built-in 90-240V power supply requiring only a standard IEC power cable, sold separately
- An array of mini switches allow instant settings changes
- Front panel is replaceable with an optional Smart Panel featuring controls and an LCD
- Manage numerous units simultaneously using the included Converter Utility software
- Full SDI re-clocking and low jitter